The scholarship application deadline for summer semester has passed. Please visit us again in the future to apply for fall semester!
|Semester||Deadline to Apply for Scholarships|
|Fall Semester||July 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||April 1|
The West Georgia Technical College Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to students who are pursuing a certificate, diploma, or an associate degree program at West Georgia Technical College. Student applicants with demonstrated financial need and no other form of financial aid will be given priority.
To qualify, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Student is enrolled in a program of study leading to a certificate, diploma, or associate degree
- Show demonstrated financial need in continuing education goals as evidenced by student’s financial aid application and student's written essay
- Must maintain satisfactory progress according to the College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
West Georgia Technical College Scholarships (click image to download PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a local scholarship at West Georgia?
- Students must apply each term by the published deadline
- Review the available scholarships and criteria to determine if you qualify for a particular scholarship
- Print the scholarship application and submit the completed application to the Financial Aid Office within the published deadlines
- Note the scholarship application deadline. The Financial Aid Office must receive your completed scholarship application by the published deadline for the term
If I am awarded a local scholarship, how will I be notified?
- Once the scholarship deadline has passed for the term, the Scholarship Committee will review all scholarship applications and meet to award the available scholarships to eligible students for the term
- The Financial Aid Office will send an email to those students on their WGTC email who have been awarded a scholarship.
- Due to the number of “miscellaneous” scholarships that are awarded throughout each semester, a denial email is not sent to the student’s WGTC email account. All registered applicants are considered at any time for all scholarship opportunities brought to the Office of Financial Aid.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be required to write a “thank you” letter to the donor. The donor will be named in your award email.
- West Georgia’s Institutional Advancement Office staff will handle promotional coverage of all scholarships. They may request additional information and/or a picture for promotional publications.